It’s the season of giving, and Hard Rock Rocksino wants to share the holiday spirit with everyone around! November in Cleveland is not just the month for turkey eating, family time, and the pilgrims, but it’s also a month to take the time to really think about ways to give back this holiday season. Whether you are holding the door open for someone or are lending a hand in a fundraiser, this season is all about acts of kindness and love.
Rocksino is here to help our community join part in the giving season. Read on to learn more about charities to join, fundraisers to be apart of, and random acts of kindness you can do for the month of November and beyond.
Ways to Give Back in Cleveland
November 10th – Lake County YMCA 7th Annual Gala of Y Champions
Join the Lake County YMCA on Saturday November 10th at 6pm for an evening of giving! Attend with your fellow community at the Mentor Harbor Yachting Club to celebrate the 7th Annual Gala of Y Champions. The evening Gala includes a welcome reception, dinner & fellowship, a live auction and raffle, a wine pull, and lots of live music and dancing! With such a fun-packed evening planned, not only will you have a great time but you will also be supporting your community and giving back this holiday season.
Black Tie Optional proceeds for the Gala help fund community programs like Safety Around Water, the Arthur Holden Leadership Institute, and Summer Camps. Along with these proceeds, there are also sponsorship opportunities that go along with this charity event, ranging from General Admission to the Founders Club. Do what you can this winter and help support your local YMCA as a fun way to give back.
November 15th – The Spinners: Urban League of Greater Cleveland Charity Benefit Concert
Hard Rock Rocksino is doing their part during this giving season by hosting The Spinners – Urban League of Greater Cleveland Charity Benefit Concert at the Hard Rock Live venue. This benefit concert features the Grammy Award Nominee R&B group, The Spinners, and would not be possible without their sponsors!
The Urban League of Greater Cleveland (ULGC) works as a nonprofit organization to help African Americans overcome the obstacles of moving and joining a new community. This includes providing education options, assisting with housing discrimination, and helping people register to vote. Join your community today to support the ULGC and help people and families get their life in Cleveland started on the right foot.
November 27th – Fourth Annual Holiday Hops for Hearts Benefitting The Plankton Fund in Cleveland
This holiday season, give back to some of our four legged friends in Cleveland, OH. The Holiday Hops for Hearts was created in memory of one of their dogs, Plankton, in 2014. Plankton was brought to the City of Cleveland Kennel with late-stage heartworm disease. Thanks to the loving Cleveland community, The Plankton Fund was started to help dogs receive life saving heartworm treatment, which has helped 84 dogs get the treatment they need regardless of the high cost of treatments.
Join the Holiday Hops for Hearts on November 27th from 6-9pm for their 4th Annual gathering! The benefit will be held at Forest City Brewery and will include a night filled with local beer, delicious snacks, and some unique raffle baskets. Join the rest of the community with this great way to give back!
December 15th – 11th Annual Toys for Shots in Cleveland
The Toys for Tots Foundation is a great way to give back in your community this season. The 11th Annual Toys for Shots Fundraiser is going to be held at Shooters on the Water in downtown Cleveland. During this annual foundation, participants donate new, unwrapped toys to families in need. The primary goal of the foundation is to deliver toys to the families who need them most, but to also deliver a message of hope!
This year at Toys for Shots, join the rest of the community for food, dancing, and raffling. The goal behind the annual benefit is to bring in a toy to be donated to a child on Christmas morning, and in return you will receive a free beer and a shot. Bring your friends and family to this fun and meaningful charity event!
December 15th – Will Run For Cupcakes 5K, 10K, 13.1
Cupcakes and running? That’s right, December 15th is National Cupcakes Day and DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland – Independence is sponsoring the 4th annual virtual Will Run for Cupcakes as a fun and delicious way to give back to our community. So how exactly does a virtual race work? Depending on the race that you sign up for, you have the entire month of December to complete your run on a course of your choosing where you time your own efforts. Run it alone, or get your whole family to sign up and support a great cause.
A portion of the proceeds are donated to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Not only does this raise Parkinson’s awareness, but it also helps with the ongoing research (and gives you an excuse to celebrate cupcakes)! Whether you run, jog, or walk, you’re having fun while also getting involved this season.
Bonus: 10 Random Acts of Kindness
In addition to the many fundraisers throughout your Cleveland and Akron community, there are a variety of random acts of kindness that you can also take part in. A random act of kindness is a selfless act to cheer up a random stranger, for no reason other than to make them happy. Give back this season by gifting the present of happiness to someone you’ve never even met! We’re sure you already have something in mind that you can do for others, but here is a list of random acts of kindness:
1. Pay it Backward: “Paying it backward” is when you pay for someone behind you, whether you’re in line at the coffee shop, the grocery store, or anywhere else where you want to give back!
2. Compliments: Everyone loves to get a compliment here and there. A fun random act of kindness is to pass out compliments to a few strangers throughout your day. Put a smile on someone’s face today!
3. Donations: This one depends on your community, but donating is a great way to show you care this holiday season. Whether you’re donating beds to an animal shelter or toys to a children’s hospital, this is one random act of kindness that goes a long way.
4. Feedback for Customer Service: Take a few minutes out of your shopping experience to give credit to great customer service that you just received by giving feedback to the manager or filling out a survey for the store.
5. Big Tipper: After receiving great service during a dining experience, leave a larger tip than expected for your server. This doesn’t have to be an over the top tip, but something that shows another person how much you appreciate them.
6. Return Shopping Carts: Help out your community grocery store employees this year by returning your shopping cart, along with other stray carts, to their destination. This not only helps out the workers, but also helps parking for fellow customers.
7. Make Cookies for your Office: Everyone loves a sweet treat, so make your random act of kindness this month something that everyone you work with can enjoy. And everyone can always go back for seconds!
8. Leave Coins in the Vending Machine for the Next Person: Have you ever walked up to the vending machine and realized you didn’t have enough change? This probably happens more than you think! Next time you go to get a tasty snack and have extra quarters, leave a few of them in there for the next random visitor to enjoy.
9. Run an Errand for a Busy Family Member: Whether it’s your mom, grandma, or neighbor, lend a hand in your spare time and see if you can help with the errands. If they’re having a busy day, there’s one thing they can mark off their to-do list.
10. Help Someone Move: No one likes to move from one house to the next, but this season provides a great opportunity to offer your services to help a buddy move. This random act of kindness will truly show that you care!
No matter how you decide to give back this month, just remember that a little goes a long way. Spend the remainder of 2018 giving back to your community, loved ones, and random strangers for a feel good holiday season!