The new year brings with it fresh beginnings, renewed motivation, and a passion for bettering ourselves. What better way to start the new year than with some inspiring, amazing quotes about life? Here, we’ve rounded up some of the best quotes to bring you into the new year by artists, writers, and – of course – rockstars!
Make 2019 your year with these inspiring quotes for the new year, and feel free to share them with your friends and family, too.
1. “It doesn’t matter where you came from. All that matters is where you’re going.” – Brian Tracy
> This quote is the epitome of looking forward in 2019. No matter what’s happened in your past, today is a great day to start something new.
2. “Everything is scary if you look at it. So you just got to live it.” – Mary J. Blige
> This superstar has got it right. Don’t let your fears get in the way of pursuing your goals in 2019.
3. “We believed that anything that was worth doing was worth overdoing.” – Steven Tyler
> Steven Tyler is a rock legend, and for good reason. Take a page out of his book this new year and do everything to the max. Another one of our favorite quotes from Steven Tyler: “The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first.”
4. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
> It’s hard not to have a great year when you approach every day like the best day. This mindset will help 2019 be a successful, happy year.
6. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
> Age is just a number, so take this new year to set a new goal or dream a new dream. You never know what you can accomplish if you set your mind to it.
7. “Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind.” – Mick Jagger
> Mick Jagger believes that a life without dreams isn’t a life worth living, and we echo that sentiment. Set a new dream for 2019 and get after it.
8. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
> We can’t always change the situations around us or things that happen, but we can change our attitude towards them. It’s not the events themselves that impact our emotions, it’s how we react to the events.